JOIN NORWEX  

@emsgreenclean on IG

Monday, February 20, 2017

Make up brushes and laundry soap. Who knew?

It takes a hot minute to look at any of my pics to know I am not a beauty expert. Even when I post a half decent pic I usually get a ping on my phone with a message from my sister letting me know that my eyebrows are uneven yet again. ( That's what are sisters for right?)  Where I lack in applying make up, I compensate for knowing how to remove it (just water and a cloth).  I was recently reading about the amount of bacteria found on make up brushes and once I was done I had a Jimmy Fallon moment and went " eww".



Fortunately I know a little cleaning hack for this problem. It's a little bag of laundry soap I keep on my Washing machine. I have been using the Norwex Ultra Power Plus detergent to clean my make up brushes and sponges for about a year now. Just a small pinch in a bowl of warm water and I let the brushes soak for a few minutes before I begin to swirl the brushes and gently rub the bristles in my hands. Because UPP ( Ultra Power Plus) does not contain fillers I'm not worried about pieces of detergent sticking to the brushes or being clogged into my sponge.

 Once I rinse off the brushes I use a damp Envirocloth to wipe the handles down. The Envirocloth is also great for cleaning off the gunk on your eyelash curlers as well! The great part is that the Envirocloth can remove up to 99% of the bacteria off when I follow proper care and instruction. Norwex has a 4 pack of the travel Envirocloths and I am finding they are the perfect size for wiping everything down. They are about 1/4th the size of a regular Envirocloth and that makes them more manageable. As always these products are available at my online store! 

No comments:

Post a Comment